Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The end of January is here?

So, obviously I can't believe how fast time goes by. And I wasn't even doing something really exciting. Mostly just work and home, work and home but with a few exceptions.

First off, Christmas was great this year. We kept the roads hot traveling between Athens, Columbus and Wilson, NC and enjoyed visiting with everyone. Here are some Christmas photos - the ones we took anyway. (We did not do a good job of 'documenting' this year.) Most of the photos are from Christmas morning where it is tradition that we have breakfast with my Dad, Uncle and Grandmother. My Dad usually hosts the event but some smack talk landed Uncle Roger with hosting duties. Granny was a little nervous about Uncle Roger cooking breakfast but there was no need to be because he had recruited Richard to do most of it. Granny felt much better when she realized this was the case since according to her, Uncle Roger "can't even boil water".
Christmas 2008

Other January events included a weekend visit from my Mom where she helped me re-upholster an ottoman for her. I know how lame I sound for having to ask my Mom to help with her gift but it's not as easy as it looks. I wanted to make her a custom ottoman to match her remodeled home but got stuck right before Christmas and had to give her a fabric sample instead of the stool. :( It's a good thing a Mom's love is unconditional.

We also celebrated BIRTHDAYS this month. Most notably last weekend, Wesley turned 32 and Missy turned 30. We had a low key celebration for Wesley but it included close friends and a wonderful carrot cake that we are still snacking on. For Missy, we worked with Philip and really shocked her with a surprise party. People from Macon and Atlanta came up to make the bash a birthday to remember. I've posted photos of Missy coming through the door and seeing all of us. You can tell she was really surprised.
Surprise! Missy's 30!

But there is one more event to top off the month. My Mom is retiring on Friday. After 30 years or so with the State of Georgia, she is headed for lazy days of doing whatever she wants. It's going to be so nice to visit with her more. We are having a party this weekend and I'll share photos when we get home.

No comments: